Hearing that is snowed the other week in Utah got me really excited for Christmas. So much so that when a Christmas song accidentally started playing on my iPhone I nearly listened to half of it. I think every year I let myself get excited for Christmas just a little bit earlier and earlier. By next year I'll be polishing the decorations in August.
All I can think about is how exciting the first snow of the season is. With almost everything in life, the child-like enthusiasm of the moment fades away. Disneyland, airplane rides, birthdays - even Christmas day has lost that breathless excitement that used to wake me up the moment I could see sunlight.
But that first snow? It still makes me giddy. One of my favourite memories of college was in late October of my Junior year, looking out my ASWC office window to see snow starting to fall. Meg and I ran outside, completely under-dressed for the sudden cold, and stood in the parking lot with our heads back and tongues outstretched, catching the large flakes that slowly fell our way.
One of those moments where every little bit of you, numb toes and all, is intoxicated by the exhilaration.
All I can think about is how exciting the first snow of the season is. With almost everything in life, the child-like enthusiasm of the moment fades away. Disneyland, airplane rides, birthdays - even Christmas day has lost that breathless excitement that used to wake me up the moment I could see sunlight.
But that first snow? It still makes me giddy. One of my favourite memories of college was in late October of my Junior year, looking out my ASWC office window to see snow starting to fall. Meg and I ran outside, completely under-dressed for the sudden cold, and stood in the parking lot with our heads back and tongues outstretched, catching the large flakes that slowly fell our way.
One of those moments where every little bit of you, numb toes and all, is intoxicated by the exhilaration.
Oh, do I miss it.
I apologize for being upset about having to scrape my car off with snow twice yesterday. . . All these lovey dovey thoughts about how wonderful it is has made me change my ways! Even if it is October and freezing. I can't wait to see you over Christmas and play in the snow!
ReplyDelete