8 October 2010

home again

after a long, luxurious month back in salt lake, i'm back in london.

nothing is better than getting to see your husband again after so much time away, especially when he secretly takes the day off work, surprises you at the airport, prints a welcome home sign for the door and decorates the whole house with flowers. then you get to cuddle all day long, to make up for the 34 days you've been apart.

but then, he has to go back to work, which is a real reminder that I DON'T have to go back to work. And I'm not really sure what to do with myself. Right now we are trying to figure out what our next step in life is, so it's limiting me from really doing a job hunt. now i wake up to nothing really to do for the day, which is an extremely foreign concept for me since I've had one job (or two or three) or another since I was 17 years old. I've been a waitress, a mall worker, a nanny, a gym teacher, a freshman dorm RA, an office manager, even a (yikes!) telemarketer when cash was tight. So I have a feeling the stay-at-home non-mom role is not going to work out so hot for me.

I guess we will just have to wait and see where life takes us. I just hope life doesn't take too long to decide.

2 comments:

  1. next step should be in NYC! I love you girl,I'm glad you are reunited! muuuah now move across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so adorable! Enjoy the relaxation while you have it! I'll just be jealous so at least enjoy it for me!

    ReplyDelete