10 May 2011

goodreads.com

okay not such an exciting post but:


one of the best parts of my job is that I'm allowed to listen to my iPod while I work. And since there's quite a bit of repetition in my work, there are usually 3 or 4 hours in the day where I can absent-mindedly work while I listen.


So I thought, why not take the time and listen to a book or two while I work? Especially since I had it on my resolution list to read 20 books this year.


It's been FABULOUS. I'm going through nearly a book a week (try audible.com - you get a two week free trial with a free download, then a book a month for only 7.49. I signed Neil up as well so I could get two free books and two other books for that low price).


So far I've read (listened to):


Emma

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

The Book Thief

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society


They were all great recommendations from friends after I posted a facebook status requesting book recommendations. All seriously fabulous books. I recommend all of them highly.


Also a friend told me I should try out goodreads.com which is an online forum that allows you to connect with friends to see what they are reading/have read and their reviews and ratings. It's been so great and I already have 20+ books on my "to read" list because of their book lists.


So, wanted to mention it to you all in case you were interested in joining. I would love for you to! If you do, find my on the site and we can link up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment