One of my favourite things about New York is they take the best of everything and set up shop here. They are the first ones to get our favourite European clothing stores (hello Zara, Mango!), the fancy restaurants (Asia de Cuba. Enough said). You name it, NY will be one of the first to get it*.
So while I guess it shouldn’t be a huge surprise, I still have to contain my excitement when I was alerted to this notice
Ladurée is Landing in New York!
So while I guess it shouldn’t be a huge surprise, I still have to contain my excitement when I was alerted to this notice
Ladurée is Landing in New York!
Oh.my.dear.goodness.

Now my endless explanations of what it means to have a really.truly.devinely Ladurée macaroon will be no more. Because they are opening up their first US store this summer on Madison Avenue. A mere 15 minute walk away from my work! If anything it will justify that extra chocolate and passion fruit macaroon since I totally just worked off the calories with the walk.
Now many Americans picture this when you say macaroon.

While I’m not trying to knock a our American counterpart, how can it compare to something that looks like this?

Am I RIGHT?
And the best place for macaroons. Is Ladurée.
Oh boy. The countdown to July begins.
*Okay. So maybe not Nando’s. But Nando’s is not playing fair. D.C. must have been pulling some strings.
Hot dog! So fun you're getting a Laduree! Plus Laduree beats the pants off of Nandos :)
ReplyDelete