4 January 2012

can you tell i'm excited?

It's been announced over Facebook, over email, through phone calls and chats.

but I guess to make it "blog official"...

Starting next week, I'll be a Columbia University grad student!

My facebook status makes me laugh in retrospect ("I GOT INTO COLUMBIA!!!!"). Caps AND exclamation points. Wait, FOUR exclamation points? I may have made it a little bit obvious that I was pretty much convinced I wasn't going to get in. And as such, told only a handful of people that I was applying and usually prefaced the story with "So I'm totally not going to get in, but..."

Needless to say, I'm thrilled.

I'm beginning the accelerated Masters of Social Work program next week (Jan 9th) and will graduate May 2013.

I'm so ready to begin a career path that brings me fulfillment and makes me enthusiastic to go to work every day. I think I have finally found it.

And can I just say how excited I am to have a campus THIS pretty to walk around everyday?




2 comments:

  1. Wow.. that's awesome! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So many of my friends in social work just love it. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete