we're the new kids (again)
our bags have been packed and unpacked, (most) things put away. we're officially residents of Morningside Heights.
I wish I could tell you I was happy about it. But I'm not quite there yet.
The apartment is lovely. We face a nice park, which faces the river. My commute to school is now a 10 minute walk. We are getting to see a whole new side of town.
But. The last apartment I threw myself into decorating, this time I can't even put the suitcases away. The last apartment I was out exploring every day. This time I'm heading down to my old neighborhood every chance I get. Last time I tried to get to know the people in our ward, this time I want to get home as fast as possible.
It's our 3rd ward (and our 5th apartment) in 3.5 years. It's getting tougher and tougher to be the new kid. Most people dream about the next great adventure they will take in life, my dream is the feeling of being settled.
I guess it's just one step at at time!
our bags have been packed and unpacked, (most) things put away. we're officially residents of Morningside Heights.
I wish I could tell you I was happy about it. But I'm not quite there yet.
The apartment is lovely. We face a nice park, which faces the river. My commute to school is now a 10 minute walk. We are getting to see a whole new side of town.
But. The last apartment I threw myself into decorating, this time I can't even put the suitcases away. The last apartment I was out exploring every day. This time I'm heading down to my old neighborhood every chance I get. Last time I tried to get to know the people in our ward, this time I want to get home as fast as possible.
It's our 3rd ward (and our 5th apartment) in 3.5 years. It's getting tougher and tougher to be the new kid. Most people dream about the next great adventure they will take in life, my dream is the feeling of being settled.
I guess it's just one step at at time!
Thinking of you - hope it gets easier! xo
ReplyDelete