So now, quarantined because of swine flu (not because I have it, but because I have a general flu and London is on high alert), I decided it's now or never!
We have been in London nearly 11 months - how is that even possible?! We have a love-hate relationship with this city, but mostly leaning towards love. While moving here was about as easy as getting across the North Korea border, and we are constantly trying to convince people that most other countries don't require coins to top up your heat, some how all the perks of living in a place with so much history and so vibrant makes it all better.
This city is wonderful. One of my favourite times in this city is when I work late enough to get a cab ride home (the tab's picked up by my second husband, Citigroup - I've seen far too much of him in the past months, so the least he can do is pay for a cab or two). On that cab ride you finally see (relatively) empty streets, with every monument lit in a bright white light. It's almost magical. It's when you can take a deep breath, take it all in and remember that you live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We're spoiled, really.


So far we have been really spoilt and been able to go travelling every few months. We've done Paris (two times for Neil), Scotland, all around the UK, Madrid, Brussels and Bruge. Definitely one of the huge perks of living in this location!
Another perk of living in a cool location is having friends and family come visit! We've had visits from Neil's family and mine as well as friends in and out. So if anyone ever needs an excuse to come to London, just remember we have a REALLY comfy couch :) Remember that!
I could probably go on for years about all the updates and crazy stories we have racked up but I am not nearly entertaining enough to go on for years. But more to come soon!
xoxo
You are a sight for sore eyes. You look beautiful and happy and content and I'm so glad your "first husband" gets to be there to support you with your "second". How is he doing with school? Is he still studying or is he done now? I miss you Jes!
ReplyDelete