17 July 2009

one year down...

Our proofs for our wedding album have arrived! With moving to London, unfortunately ordering our wedding album became a last priority kind of thing. But our photographer, Pepper Nix, www.peppernix.com offered an amazing deal to her brides back in May that we didn't want to miss out on, so now (yay!) we should have our album by August!

Looking at the album, I'm trying to figure out how this wedding was already over a year ago.


While it was a bit unconventional to have the wedding on a Saturday and the ring ceremony/reception three days later it actually worked out SO perfectly for us. That was after the temple we could go to dinner with family that was able to join us at the temple and have a relaxed celebration. I loved that this way, I could spent the full evening getting to catch up with the people who had flown/drove in to be with us. Usually wedding days are so stressful there is barely any time to really catch up with loved ones you don't see nearly enough!



We then had a relaxing two nights up in Park City, then came back down for a beautiful rehearsal dinner that Neil's mom had put together for us at La Caille (gorgeous!!). Again, another great way to spend more time with family who came in from out of town.


Then of course, the ring ceremony and reception on the Tuesday up at Millcreek Inn. It was so much fun to celebrate with everyone that could be there - it really was the night of my dreams. I highly recommend a 4 day celebration :) Because, really, who wants to be a bride for only one night?



A few shots of the book, below. For some reason they are coming out really small, so a bit hard to see.
June 28, 2008 will definitely go down in history for at least Neil and I. We've had quite an adventure so far and I'm so excited to see where life takes us next. While we both had to swallow a huge chunk of pride, as well as a theory or two of how our life was SUPPOSED to be timed (which definitely did not include us getting married under the age of 28), every day we are coming to realise that life could not be more perfect and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Neil is pretty much the greatest. Every Sunday night, facing the week of work ahead, I shut my eyes tight and pray to win the lottery. Not so I can buy that Chanel purse I've always dreamed about (though that'd be an extra little perk!), but so that Neil and I would never have to wake up and go our separate ways for the day. You'd think one year down the honeymoon stage would at least be dulling a bit, but instead it's getting stronger. Each day we get to spend together is another day I get to fall in love a little bit more with my husband. How lucky am I.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Jessica you are just too sweet. I am sitting here reading your blog getting teary-eyed because of all the sweet things you say about being married and how in love you are. Never forget those feelings. You and Neil are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jes! I am so glad you have a cute blog now! Congrats on one year! I can't believe it has been that long! You look absolutely gorgeous! What fun, beautiful days! I am so glad you married Neil and you are in our family! We miss you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete