the older we get and the more we move around, the more we realise how much the six degrees of separation theory holds true.
back in February 2009 I get a facebook friend request from a girl in Utah that had seen my wedding in Utah Bride magazine. She told me she had wanted to get my same dress from Alta Moda but they couldn't make it in time for her wedding. So when she saw it again in the magazine she was hoping I wouldn't mind if she saw my pictures of the dress from the wedding. Of course I just thought it was so sweet for someone to say that about my dress and thought it was a fun connection with the dress so I added her.
Now cut to a year and a half later.
I am sitting next to this cute couple at church who mentioned they were here for the summer while the husband does an internship. one of the best things about london is all the new people that move in (and one of the worst is that they always leave!). the whole time i just couldn't get over the fact that i swear i knew them from somewhere, but we couldn't seem to make any Utah friend connections. we invited them out for a picnic that day for the fourth of july and had a great time getting to know them. but i still could not place them!
once we get home neil and i decide to get on facebook to check out our friend connection and to add them as friends. but when i went to go add mary, i realised she was already my friend! and then it hit me how i recognised her - she was the one that wrote me about my dress a year and a half ago.
back in February 2009 I get a facebook friend request from a girl in Utah that had seen my wedding in Utah Bride magazine. She told me she had wanted to get my same dress from Alta Moda but they couldn't make it in time for her wedding. So when she saw it again in the magazine she was hoping I wouldn't mind if she saw my pictures of the dress from the wedding. Of course I just thought it was so sweet for someone to say that about my dress and thought it was a fun connection with the dress so I added her.
Now cut to a year and a half later.
I am sitting next to this cute couple at church who mentioned they were here for the summer while the husband does an internship. one of the best things about london is all the new people that move in (and one of the worst is that they always leave!). the whole time i just couldn't get over the fact that i swear i knew them from somewhere, but we couldn't seem to make any Utah friend connections. we invited them out for a picnic that day for the fourth of july and had a great time getting to know them. but i still could not place them!
once we get home neil and i decide to get on facebook to check out our friend connection and to add them as friends. but when i went to go add mary, i realised she was already my friend! and then it hit me how i recognised her - she was the one that wrote me about my dress a year and a half ago.
smallest world ever! and how sweet it is, to meet the girl who went out of her way to friend me because of our connected wedding dress.
No comments:
Post a Comment