I'm still a little bit in shock that I only have 30 days left. Where did the other 273 days go?
i'm looking less than thrilled, but that's just because my real smile makes me look like a watermelon. Yay pregnancy!
i'm looking less than thrilled, but that's just because my real smile makes me look like a watermelon. Yay pregnancy!
I'm feeling large and in charge. But still loving every little bit of pregnancy.
Okay that's a bit of a lie. I could live without the heartburn and the backaches. But really, pregnancy has been wonderful. I never thought I'd dislike it, but I didn't anticipate just how much I would LOVE it. It's been so magical. My growing belly makes me so happy. Neil makes fun of me because he'll get home and I'll have my shirt up, busy rubbing or staring at my bare belly. He calls me his little redneck wife. But I just can't get enough of the little guy and want to able to see every little movements and kick.
I'm so excited for him to come, but it's going to be so strange when I don't feel him in there anymore. 8 months later, I've gotten so used to the constant movements and hiccups (oh the hiccups! those are my favorite!) that it just seems so natural.
However, there are a few things I haven't gotten quite used to:
- catching my reflection in the mirror. i keep forgetting that i'm really this big.
- bumping my belly into anything and everything (the kitchen counter gets me every time)
- getting winded after a small flight of stairs
- burping (please tell me this isn't just me?)
- trying to squeeze through the crowd only to remember. I can't really squeeze. this is especially an issue in this crazy city of mine. i need a sign that says "wide load coming through" when I step onto a packed subway.
- my innie quickly becomming an "outtie". it's nearly there!
- having to walk a tourist's pace. Neil and I are notorious fast walkers. Now he is, and I huff and puff trying to keep up. At least it means the WTC tourists around my house don't drive me nearly as crazy!
all in all. it's been wonderful. but really. the anticipation is building and i'm getting SO excited to mee the little guy. come soon(ish!) Baby M!
I'm so excited for him to come, but it's going to be so strange when I don't feel him in there anymore. 8 months later, I've gotten so used to the constant movements and hiccups (oh the hiccups! those are my favorite!) that it just seems so natural.
However, there are a few things I haven't gotten quite used to:
- catching my reflection in the mirror. i keep forgetting that i'm really this big.
- bumping my belly into anything and everything (the kitchen counter gets me every time)
- getting winded after a small flight of stairs
- burping (please tell me this isn't just me?)
- trying to squeeze through the crowd only to remember. I can't really squeeze. this is especially an issue in this crazy city of mine. i need a sign that says "wide load coming through" when I step onto a packed subway.
- my innie quickly becomming an "outtie". it's nearly there!
- having to walk a tourist's pace. Neil and I are notorious fast walkers. Now he is, and I huff and puff trying to keep up. At least it means the WTC tourists around my house don't drive me nearly as crazy!
all in all. it's been wonderful. but really. the anticipation is building and i'm getting SO excited to mee the little guy. come soon(ish!) Baby M!

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo excited!! And really, you make pregnancy look adorable.
ReplyDeleteFunny note about the belly button, is it strange that an outie is turning into one my biggest fears? Clearly, I need more things to be afraid of. But I've definitely entered that stage where the belly button isn't as deep as it used to be, and I've settled the question that has been bothering me for years - yes, that's a freckle in my belly button.