now we're in the market for a baby carriage!
On June 25th I woke up in the morning, with an idea that there might be a teensy tiny chance that I was pregnant. 5 minutes later, I was crying and laughing and exclaiming out loud to an empty apartment "I'm pregnant! I'm really pregnant!"
I am sure every girl has taken a test or two or three in their marriage, usually as a total "hmmmm there's a maybe 5% chance I could be pregnant" moment. And so you get really used to seeing that "not pregnant" sign. Sometimes a sigh of relief, sometimes a sigh of sadness. So to see that word on that digital test was honestly a sight that was really, really hard to process because it was just so overwhelming. I KNEW that I was thrilled, but I couldn't get it to sink in.
I quickly called the doctor (all the way in CT) who informed me that if I could get in before 11am I could hear the results of the blood test that afternoon. So off I went in my Zipcar and a couple hours later I got the word.. I was officially pregnant! That's when it all started to sink in, and I kept shouting out in the car "I'm pregnant!".
I wanted to surprise Neil, so I wrapped up the positive test, using a pen holder as a box, for him to open up when he got home. Needless to say, he was surprised. He just stared at it for a good 10 seconds until he looked up with a confused smile and exclaimed, "are you serious?!" He later told me that during those 10 seconds he kept thinking "Wait, is this a joke? If so, how did she get it to say positive?"
Needless to say, it was a BIG surprise for us both! Just two weeks, at a doctor's appointment, I had been told that it might be tricky for us to get pregnant. So to see this 10 days later was a HUGE (and wonderful) shock for us both.
We are THRILLED.
We are THRILLED.
3D photo of baby at 11.5 weeks. When they handed this photo to me, I fell in love. Hard. It's a real little baby in there!
We found out it was a BOY!
The growing belly. Taken last night, at 17.5 weeks. I'm SO excited to start seeing real evidence of a baby in there. Now I am just waiting to start feeling kicks!
No comments:
Post a Comment